About Me & My Qualifications
I am a fully qualified Adult, Couple Counsellor and also a Child Family Therapist. I am also a fully qualified Bereavement Counsellor both for Adults and Children and am trained as a Crisis Major Accident Counsellor .
Prior to working in a private practice as a counsellor in the UK and then Switzerland I worked for the NHS in the UK for over 20 years as an N.H.S Nurse. I was a Senior Psychiatric Nurse both for Adults and Children and also a General Adult Nurse ( specialising in Intensive Care and Cardiac Care ) and a Sick Children Nurse.
In the UK I was regularly invited as a Guest speaker for Radio Suffolk offering my opinion on numerous subjects to do with emotional well being and have also been an Agony Aunt for a leading Womens National Magazine. I was also on the team of Counsellors for Suffolk Police Force and employed as a Support Counsellor for Banks and other large Companies. I also spent one year as a Secondary School Counsellor supporting young people aged 11 to 18 years of age.
As well as personal counselling I also offer consultations , support , crisis management to Large Companies and Industries , Schools, Universities, Child Welfare Groups on Child Emotional and Behaviour issues and Adult emotional problems and staff conflict resolution and team building.
I also provide Counselling Services in Switzerland and Italy to several E.A.P Global providers ( Employee Assisted Programme ) Please contact me for more details.
Most recently this year in June 2015 I was the Counsellor for EF Tours Davos Summit EFT a 2 day Summit in Switzerland which provided a two-day leadership conference, tackling significant global issues . My role was to provide emotional support and crisis Intervention for 1600 Students aged between 14 to 18 years of age should they have needed it during the conference and there time away from home.
I have up to date satisfactory police checks by the Criminal Records Bureau that prove me to be a safe practitioner and am able to show you this evidence when we meet.
- Diploma in Person Centred Psycho-Dynamic Counselling
- Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- BA (Hons) Adult Psychiatric Nursing
- BA (Hons) Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing
- Qualified Bereavement Counsellor for Children
- Qualified Bereavement Counsellor for Adults
- Qualified N.H.S Major Accident Counsellor Adults (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Qualified N.H.S Major Accident Counsellor Children Adolescents Adults (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Registered Mental Health Nurse (R.M.N.)
- Registered General Nurse (R.G.N.)
- Registered Sick Childrens Nurse (R.S.C.N.)
- Member of the Swiss Association Counsellors (SGfB)
I am also committed to continuing professional development and attend regular seminars, study days and workshops that are relevant to the field of counselling.
As a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapists and Swiss Association Counsellors, I adhere to their professional code of practice and ethical guidelines for counsellors.